Information related to fellowships, scholarships and other opportunities.
With support from the National Science Foundation, CHANS-Net offers CHANS Fellowships each year. The CHANS Fellows present posters or give talks at a prominent national meeting and have opportunities to interact with prominent CHANS scientists to learn the latest research developments and build their professional networks.
Approximately 10 fellowships (up to $1,000 each) are awarded to the selected graduate students, postdoctoral associates, junior faculty members and/or other junior researchers at other institutions around the world to defray expenses associated with attending the meeting. Applications are judged on the merits of the applicants' abstracts, financial need, and professional backgrounds and goals. Members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Assistantships, Fellowships and Grants
Fellowships for Postdoctoral Associates:
- WWF Kathryn Fuller Fellowships
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research Marie Curie postdoc position on land use, biofuels and global biogeochemistry
- NSF Science, Engineering and Education for Sustainability Fellows
Fellowships for Graduate Students:
- EPA Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Fellowships
- NSF Graduate Fellowship
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Nordic Research Opportunity -- available only to NSF Fellows
- NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship Program
- Ford Fellowships
- Christine Mirzayan Science & Technology Policy Graduate Fellowship Program