Global Fair and Workshop on Long-Term Observing Systems of Mountain Social-Ecological Systems
Mountain Research Initiative and the University of Nevada at Reno
A multi-day fair and workshop for all who gather data on mountain social, biological or abiotic systems to
- describe their work
- explore the questions and phenomena driving observations
- explain sensors and protocols (e.g., flagship stations, crowd-sourcing, upscaling, etc.)
- discuss data management, user access and visualization
- compare strategies for communicating data from remote locales
- visit exemplary transects and observatories
- create new collaborations
- formalize cooperative arrangements.
The goal of the fair and workshop is to move toward a more comprehensive, global mountain observation network by strengthening the ties between existing observation systems.